July 2009 Budget Act Changes
The recent 2009/2010 California State Budget mandated a number of changes to the In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS) program. There have been many inquiries regarding the implementation of these policies. Therefore, the Department wants to ensure that all of the IHSS Stakeholders receive information on the various policy changes. For additional Stakeholder Information.
- New Provider Enrollment Requirements (including County Provider Enrollment Counts)
- New Provider Appeals Process
- Program Integrity and Fraud Prevention
- Reductions in the IHSS Program
- Other Program Changes
Recipient Application, Public Authority Reductions, Share of Cost (SOC) Buyout Elimination, Overpayment Recoveries, etc.
Additional Information Pertaining to Program Changes
- ACL 09-78 (November 25, 2009)
Mark Beckwith, et al. v. John A Wagner, et al., Temporary Restraining Order Limiting In-Home Supportive Service (IHSS) Provider Disqualifying Crimes To Those Crimes Listed In Welfare & Institutions Code Section 12305.81
- CFL 09/10-33 (October 29, 2009)
Fiscal Year (FY) 2009-10 Planning Augmentation For The Administration Of The In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS) Program