California Department of Social Services (CDSS) Celebrates National Preparedness Month
On September 10, 2015, the Disaster Services Bureau will be hosting its 5th annual California Department of Social Services (CDSS) Preparedness Fair at 744 P Street in recognition of National Preparedness Month.
Several federal, state and local agencies will be on hand at this event which focuses on preparedness for the whole family for any type of disaster. The California Governor’s Office of Emergency Services will participate in the Fair, alongside many emergency response vehicles and many other critical partners such as Red Cross, Salvation Army, PG&E, SMUD, FEMA and CHP. The event will run from 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. in the quad area of CDSS headquarters.
On the morning of the event free raffle tickets will be distributed for a chance to win a prize. Also, please be sure to stop by the Preparedness Fair photo booth, take a picture and post it to the CDSS Facebook and Twitter with the hashtag #CDSSPrepared.
Former Foster Youth your Health Care is free until Age 26!
The Affordable Care Act requires states to provide young people under 26 with free health care if they were in foster care at age 18 or older. There is no open enrollment period for Medi-Cal and you can apply anytime of the year. Apply Now
California's Child Welfare Continuum of Care Reform
IF YOU SEE SOMETHING, LET US NO!Call our telephone hotline at 1-844-LET US NO (1-844-538-8766) to file a complaint regarding a State licensed child care or community care facility. More information
Adoptee, Birth Parents, Siblings of AdopteesAre you looking for one another? We can help!
Will Lightbourne, Director
CDSS Job Vacancies
- CalWORKs Annual Summary 2015
- AB 1217 - The Home Care Services Consumer Protection Act
- 2015-16 Local Assistance Appropriation Table
- 2015 May Revision of the 2015-16 Governor's Budget
- 2015 Child Welfare Services Realignment Report to the Legislature
- Executive Summary for 2015-16 Governor’s Budget Local Assistance Estimates
- Local Assistance Estimates for the 2015-16 Governor’s Budget
- Adoption Awareness
- Drought Food Assistance Program Fact Sheet
- 2014-15 Local Assistance Appropriation Table
- How To Find Information On This Site