Job Examination Information
California Department of Social Services (CDSS) examination announcements are listed below and posted online at the California Department of Human Resources ( CalHR ). Applications for all examinations must be submitted on the State Examination Application (Form STD 678). Applications may be obtained at CDSS, CalHR, or at your local employment office. Please submit your application to:
California Department of Social Services
Personnel Bureau, Examination Unit
744 P Street, MS 8-15-59
Sacramento, CA 95814
CAREER EXECUTIVE ASSIGNMENT (CEA):
CEA positions are covered by civil service laws and rules. There are specific minimum qualifications candidates must meet in order to be eligible to apply for a CEA examination, as outlined in CCR 548.70, G.C. 19889.3, G.C. 18990, and G.C. 18992.
Any individual who meets the education and/or experience required for entrance into the examination may apply.
No open exams available at this time.
OPEN – CONTINUOUS TESTING – CONTINUOUS FILING
Applications will be accepted on a continuous basis.
- ADMINISTRATIVE LAW JUDGE I, DEPARTMENT OF SOCIAL SERVICES
- ADOPTIONS SPECIALIST
- MEDICAL CONSULTANT I (VARIOUS)
- MEDICAL CONSULTANT I (PSYCHIATRIST)
CalHR Examinations :
- ACCOUNTANT TRAINEE
- ACCOUNTING OFFICER (SPECIALIST) (SUPERVISOR)
- ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT 1
- ASSISTANT AND ASSOCIATE INFORMATION SYSTEMS ANALYST
- ASSOCIATE GOVERNMENTAL PROGRAM ANALYST
- ATTORNEY (STAFF COUNSEL)
- ATTORNEY 3 (STAFF COUNSEL III - SPECIALIST)
- ATTORNEY 4 (STAFF COUNSEL IV)
- DATA PROCESSING MANAGER I AND II
- DATA PROCESSING MANAGER III AND IV
- EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT
- EXECUTIVE SECRETARY 1
- INFORMATION OFFICER I AND 2 SERIES
- INFORMATION SYSTEMS TECHNICIAN
- LABOR RELATIONS SPECIALIST
- LEGAL ANALYST
- LICENSING PROGRAM ANALYST
- PERSONNEL SPECIALIST
- PROGRAMMER ANALYST (SERIES)
- RESEARCH ANALYST I/II-GENERAL
- RESEARCH PROGRAM SPECIALIST 1&2
- SENIOR ACCOUNTING OFFICER(SPECIALIST) (SUPERVISOR)
- STAFF and SENIOR INFORMATION SYSTEMS ANALYST SERIES
- STAFF SERVICES ANALYST (GENERAL)
- STAFF SERVICES MANAGER I
- STAFF SERVICES MANAGER II (SUPERVISORY) (MANAGERIAL)
- STAFF SERVICES MANAGER III
- SYSTEMS SOFTWARE SPECIALIST I (TECHNICAL)
- SYSTEMS SOFTWARE SPECIALIST II and III SERIES
Applicants must have a permanent civil service appointment with the department listed on the examination announcement to apply. In certain situations, other employees (i.e., former department employees or current employees on Temporary Authorization Appointments, Training and Development Assignments and Limited Term Appointments) may be allowed to compete in CDSS examinations under the provisions of Rules 234, 235, and 235.2.
STAFF SERVICE ANALYST (SSA) TRANSFER:
This is a transfer examination for the Department of Social Services (CDSS) employees who meet the lateral transfer requirements to the SSA classification. State Personnel Board Rules 425, 430-433, 435 and 444 contain general provisions for lateral transfer.
EXAMINATIONS IN PROGRESS
A listing of all the examinations where the final filing date has expired. These examinations are in various phases of the exam process and will be listed until the final scoring has been completed and a list established.