Office of Public Affairs & Outreach
744 P Street, Suite 1750
Sacramento, CA 95814
The Office of Public Affairs and Outreach (PAO) is the public information and public relations office for the California Department of Social Services. PAO responds to inquiries from members of the news media, advocacy groups, the Legislature and others to communicate the Department's overall goals, objectives, and policies relative to providing essential services and protection to the state's most vulnerable residents. PAO develops public education and outreach campaigns, coordinates statewide media coverage of significant issues, and utilizes public-private partnerships to actively promote events and activities that support a wide range of Departmental programs and initiatives.
- California Receives Federal Bonus for CalFresh Program Access Improvements
- $15 Million in Funding Now Available for Immigration Services
- CDPH Urges Californians to Beat the Heat
- State Begins Processing New Timesheets for More than 100,000 Los Angeles County IHSS Care Providers
- Agreement Reached in In-Home Supportive Services Lawsuits
- Security Incident Involving In-Home Supportive Services Program
- CalWORKS Overpayment Policy Change Will Protect Children From the Debts of Former Caregivers
- California Department of Social Services Reminds 27,000 Existing In-Home Supportive Services Providers to Re-enroll by End of Year To Remain in Program
- Food Stamp Program: New Name "CalFresh"
- California Announces $14.5 Million Federal Grant for Foster Care Improvements
- California’s Food Banks to Receive Substantial Chicken Allocation | Chicken Allocation by Food Bank