Information Security Resources
Welcome to the Information Security Resources homepage!
CALIFORNIA DEPARTMENT OF SOCIAL SERVICES (CDSS) INFORMATION
- SECURITY INCIDENT REPORTING
- CDSS Manual of Policies and Procedures, CONFIDENTIALITY, FRAUD, CIVIL RIGHTS, AND STATE HEARINGS - This site contains the departmental regulations that counties must follow to protect the personal information of applicants and recipients of social services.
STATE OF CALIFORNIA INFORMATION
State Information Security Officer
- This site contains information you can use to protect yourself on line.
California Office of Privacy Protection (COPP)
- This site provides information on protecting the privacy of California residents.
- Recommended Practices on Protecting the Confidentiality of Social Security Numbers, www.oispp.ca.gov/consumer_privacy/default.asp
- Identity Theft Victim Checklist,
- When your child's identity is stolen,
MANAGEMENT MEMORANDA ON PERSONAL PRIVACY
- This site contains information on privacy protection for citizens of the United States.
- M-01-05, Guidance on Inter-Agency Sharing of Personal Data, December 2000
- M-99-05, President's memorandum of May 14, 1998, "Privacy and Personal Information in Federal Records", January 1999
- M-07-16, Safeguarding against and responding to the breach of personally identifiable information , May 2007
www.whitehouse.gov/omb/memoranda/fy2007/m07-16 (link temporarily removed)
CDSS is presenting these references without necessarily endorsing their content, as possible sources of information about automated system security and related topics. The State of California cannot guarantee the accuracy of any information presented in the references. The information in a cited reference may not represent the policy of the State of California on the subject matter of the reference.