- The CalFresh Program is a federal program that helps low-income people buy the food they need for good health and nutrition. CalFresh benefits can be accessed using the EBT (Electronic Benefit Transfer) card.
- Women, Infants and Children (WIC) program is a nutrition program that helps pregnant women, new mothers and young children eat well and stay healthy. A more detailed program description and information can be found on the WIC website.
- The Emergency Food Assistance Program (EFAP) provides emergency food supplies to low-income households and individuals, as well as mass feeding sites such as soup kitchens. To obtain information regarding the EFAP food distribution agency serving your county, visit the EFAP website.
- In Presidentially declared disasters the food needs of disaster victims are met through the Department's Emergency Welfare Services' Mass Care and Shelter Program. This program provides meals at shelters and may use mobile feeding units to reach victims in outlying areas, when large numbers of people have been forced from their homes and have no access to cooking facilities.
- Food Banks and Rescue Programs is a listing of food banks and rescue programs throughout California.