- Adoption Information This website Includes information on adoption types and procedures, frequently asked questions, how to locate the Adoptions District Office in your area, and much more.
- The Adoption Services website provides basic information on adoption services. For additional adoption information, also see the Children and Family Services Division's homepage .
- The Adoptions Assistance Program provides financial assistance for adoptive parents to meet the special needs of children who formerly were placed in California's foster care system.
- The Federal adoption tax credit allows up to $10,160 for expenses paid to adopt an eligible child with special needs and a state tax credit of 50% of the cost to adopt. For more information visit the IRS website and the California Franchise Tax Board (see Tax Code 197).
- Search online to Find a Licensed Adoption Agency or see this printable directory of California adoption agencies and other resources.
- Frequently Asked Questions about Adoption
- Frequently Asked Questions on Obtaining Information about Your Adoption
- The Child Welfare Information Gateway website provides a variety of resources for adoption professionals, prospective and adoptive parents, and the general public. A Spanish language general information adoption packet is also available.
- To register as an Adoptions Service Provider