Services for Refugees, Asylees, and Trafficking Victims
The Refugee Resettlement Program (RRP) assists eligible refugees, Cuban/Haitian entrants, asylees, certified human trafficking victims and their family members, Special Immigrant Visa holders, and certain Amerasians from Vietnam to successfully resettle in California.
- The Refugee Programs Bureau (RPB) has statewide administrative responsibility for the RRP. The RPB supervises the following programs:
- Refugee Cash Assistance and Employment Services
- Unaccompanied Refugee Minors Program
- Trafficking and Crime Victims Assistance Program
- Repatriation Program
- Refugee Health Program is supervised by the California Department of Public Health.
- The Cash Assistance Program for Immigrants (CAPI) provides monthly cash benefits to aged, blind, and disabled non-citizens, including refugees, who are not eligible for Supplemental Security Income/State Supplemental Payment solely due to their immigration status. This program is managed through the Adult Programs Division of CDSS.