ACMS Support | Training Resources | FAQ | Glossary | Release Notes
Hello, the Appeals Case Management System (ACMS) is live! You can access the system here:
Below you can find all the resources you need to assist you with using this new system.
ACMS Technical Support (TOP)
If you need help using ACMS or are experiencing a technical problem, please contact the support team using one of the methods below:
1-800-743-8525 (Option 6 for ACMS technical support ONLY)
1-800-743-8525 (Option 9 for all other State Hearings questions)
Training Resources (TOP)
Introduction to ACMS for new county or responsible agency users. Provides foundational knowledge for the basic functions of ACMS. After this training, users should be able to use ACMS to complete basic everyday tasks.
Wednesday, January 30, 2019 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Tuesday, February 12, 2019 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Monday, February 25, 2019 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Tuesday, March 12, 2019 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Wednesday, March 27, 2019 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Thursday, April 11, 2019 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Friday, April 26, 2019 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Below are training resources sorted by user role. Additional training sessions will be added as they become available!
Covered California Users
Advocate Agency Users
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) (TOP)
What date should I enter if I don’t know the DOB (Date of Birth)?
If you don’t have a DOB for a claimant, enter 01/01/1753.
Can Counties or Covered California online their own appeals?
Counties and Covered California have the ability to submit appeals in ACMS, but refer to your agency’s policy regarding submitting appeals in this manner.
How can I tell if a claimant has an e-filer account?
If you bring up the claimant’s profile in ACMS, there will be a username at the bottom. This means the claimant has an e-filer account. However, just because an e-filer has an account, doesn’t mean they access their appeal information through ACMS – you should check their Preferred Mode of Communication.
How long will ACMS data be retained and retrievable?
We have no plans to archive or disable any accounts in ACMS. All appeal information in ACMS will be retained and accessible.
I need help troubleshooting something in ACMS. I’ve talked to my Super-User and checked all the videos and guides on the ACMS website, but I can’t find a solution to my problem. What should I do?
Although Super-Users and our support website, videos, tutorials and guides are very helpful, there are just some things they don’t cover. If that’s the case, please email the ACMS support team at email@example.com or give us a call at 800-743-8525 and select Option 6 for ACMS Support.
Some rural claimant have both a physical address and a mailing address, which one should be entered into ACMS?
Please use the mailing address.
When an agency changes the hearing representative for a case, ACMS generates another ‘Submit SOP’ task for the new hearing representative. How should the extra ‘Submit SOP’ task be handled?
You may close the ‘Submit SOP’ task that no longer applies. This will remove the task from the former hearing rep’s queue.
What browsers can I use to access ACMS?
Although ACMS works with any browser, we've noticed that ACMS doesn't perform well in Internet Explorer. We recommend using Google Chrome browser or Microsoft Edge.
There's a case in my queue that shouldn't be there because I already completed it. How do I get it off the queue?
Queues are populated by open tasks. If you've completed the task and it still in your queue, then the task is probably still open. You can go to the Task tab, find the task, and close it.
E-Filer Appeal Submission
- How an E-Filer creates a User Account and submits an Appeal
E-Filer Appeal View
- What an E-Filer can see in ACMS
ACMS Release Notes(TOP)
- Hearing Calendar exported report needs to be in chronological date/time order
- Non-Appearance Decisions omit Address Line 2
- Non-Appearance at Pre-Hearing should close case, but it is not closing the Hearing
- ALJs are getting assignment notification emails after a case has been withdrawn at Hearing
- Continued hearing with NO in "create new hearing" field erroneously generates a Manual Scheduling task
- When creating a RFA appeal, a Manual Scheduling task should automatically be opened
- In-Person ACA Hearing Notices do not have a location identified
- Conditional withdrawal letter identifies incorrect agency agreeing to conditions in Dual cases
- "Remove" button in Calendars not displaying on proper calendars
- Compliance queue displaying results twice
- "&" causes error when saving open record outcome on the hearing
- "My Cases" and "Pending Decisions" queues are not sorting by date
- RA User Primary Hearing Rep receiving multiple notifications of Open Record
- Unable to grant Reopen task
- Withdrawn case getting scheduled if on a proposed calendar
- Can't release decision if Assign Hearing Rep task is open
- SSNs are not viewable by users
- SSN not saving
- Scheduling letter for Title IV-E appeals needed
- Calendars & Hearings export missing Hearing Modality
- ALJ dropdown list contains non-ALJ users
- Emailed link generated by the "copy link to results" button doesn't display results
- Postponement grant dates not showing on ribbon
- Admin Dismissal action did not generate dismissal letter to claimant
- County User Primary HR has case that is not appearing in "My Cases"
Glossary of Terms(TOP)
ACMS - Appeals Case Managment System
HWDC - Health and Welfare Data Center
M&O - Maintenance and Operations
Sprint - a period of time in which small chunks of system functionality are designed, built, tested and implemented
UAT - User Acceptance Testing