ACMS Support | Training Resources | FAQ | Glossary | Release Notes
Hello, the Appeals Case Management System (ACMS) is live! You can access the system here:
Below you can find all the resources you need to assist you with using this new system.
We appreciate your comments or suggestions - send them to us at ACMS@dss.ca.gov
ACMS Technical Support (TOP)
If you need help using ACMS or are experiencing a technical problem, please contact the support team using one of the methods below:
1-800-743-8525 (Option 6 for ACMS technical support ONLY)
1-800-743-8525 (Option 9 for all other State Hearings questions)
New features and fixes will be released with Sprint 17 on Saturday, March 23. See the Release Notes below for details!
AMCS will be down the morning on Saturday, March 23 for the release of Sprint 17.
Training Resources (TOP)
Introduction to ACMS for new county or responsible agency users. Provides foundational knowledge for the basic functions of ACMS. After this training, users should be able to use ACMS to complete basic everyday tasks.
Wednesday, March 27, 2019 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Tuesday, April 9, 2019 10:00am-12:00pm
Friday, April 26, 2019 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Monday, May 6, 2019 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Tuesday, May 21, 2019 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Wednesday, June 5, 2019 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Thursday, June 20, 2019 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Below are training resources sorted by user role. Additional training sessions will be added as they become available!
Covered California Users
Advocate Agency Users
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) (TOP)
What date should I enter if I don’t know the DOB (Date of Birth)?
If you don’t have a DOB for a claimant, enter 01/01/1753.
Can Counties or Covered California online their own appeals?
Counties and Covered California have the ability to submit appeals in ACMS, but refer to your agency’s policy regarding submitting appeals in this manner.
How can I tell if a claimant has an e-filer account?
If you bring up the claimant’s profile in ACMS, there will be a username at the bottom. This means the claimant has an e-filer account. However, just because an e-filer has an account, doesn’t mean they access their appeal information through ACMS – you should check their Preferred Mode of Communication.
How long will ACMS data be retained and retrievable?
We have no plans to archive or disable any accounts in ACMS. All appeal information in ACMS will be retained and accessible.
I need help troubleshooting something in ACMS. I’ve talked to my Super-User and checked all the videos and guides on the ACMS website, but I can’t find a solution to my problem. What should I do?
Although Super-Users and our support website, videos, tutorials and guides are very helpful, there are just some things they don’t cover. If that’s the case, please email the ACMS support team at email@example.com or give us a call at 800-743-8525 and select Option 6 for ACMS Support.
Some rural claimant have both a physical address and a mailing address, which one should be entered into ACMS?
Please use the mailing address.
When an agency changes the hearing representative for a case, ACMS generates another ‘Submit SOP’ task for the new hearing representative. How should the extra ‘Submit SOP’ task be handled?
You may close the ‘Submit SOP’ task that no longer applies. This will remove the task from the former hearing rep’s queue.
What browsers can I use to access ACMS?
Although ACMS works with any browser, we've noticed that ACMS doesn't perform well in Internet Explorer. We recommend using Google Chrome browser or Microsoft Edge.
There's a case in my queue that shouldn't be there because I already completed it. How do I get it off the queue?
Queues are populated by open tasks. If you've completed the task and it still in your queue, then the task is probably still open. You can go to the Task tab, find the task, and close it.
E-Filer Appeal Submission
- How an E-Filer creates a User Account and submits an Appeal
E-Filer Appeal View
- What an E-Filer can see in ACMS
Search like a Super-User! - Doing Standard and Advanced Searches in ACMS
ACMS Release Notes(TOP)
- Conditional withdrawal letter identifies incorrect agency agreeing to conditions in Dual cases
- Results of search by entering appeal # not displaying the assigned hearing rep info
- Random document system exception error when trying to set document as exhibit
Resolved at Sprint 18/19 Deployment
- 'My Cases' & 'Pending Decisions' queues will sort by date
- Exported Calendars & Hearings will include Modality
- SSNs properly viewable
- Case View History will have more cases
- AR can submit withdrawal
- Validation messages corrected
- ALJs are getting assignment notification emails after a case has been withdrawn at Hearing
- RA User Primary Hearing Rep receiving multiple notifications of Open Record
- Unable to grant Reopen task
- Can't release decision if Assign Hearing Rep task is open
- Letter not using most recent hearing date/time
- Postponement (AR/Claimant) granted generating a Postponement (Agency)
- Clear All button not clearing keyword search box
- Fix spelling errors on Decision cover pages
- Prehearing not being withdrawn
- Correct spelling of 'system' in Compliance task
- 'Cases w/o HR' queue displaying hearing date/time when postponed
- Decision issue codes don't match cover page
- No withdrawal letter from in hearing status
- Respondent addresses appended when changing respondent
- Calendar capacity not updating
- AR attendee not on decision cover page
- Postponement Denial causes error
- Original hearing request document not generating
- Claimant phone # not showing on continued hearing
- RA User unable to action Rehearing Determination (External) task
- AR User sees exception when viewing document object
- Unconfirmed withdrawal task causes Non-Appearance job to close case again
- WD document not generating for e-file wd request
- Completing expedite task changes appeal status
- Open Record letter formatting isn't displaying line breaks
- Improper Claimant identified field not validating
- Correct spelling on non-appearance document
- "Review Days Left" column should use the "Program Decision Review Timeout" value for the Sub-Program of the appeal
- Not all tasks showing in task type field for appeals in pending scheduling
- Denial reason not on postponement denial letter for agency postponement
- Granted claimant postponement doesn't add 30 days to the due date
- Remove pre-hearings and closed cases from the pending decision queue
Glossary of Terms(TOP)
ACA - Affordable Care Act
ACMS - Appeals Case Managment System
ALJ - Administrative Law Judge
AR - Authorized Representative
HR - Hearing Representative or Hearing Request
HWDC - Health and Welfare Data Center
M&O - Maintenance and Operations
Modality - Format of hearing: in-person, phone, video
Queue - a list of appeals
RFA - Resource Family Approval
SHD - State Hearings Division
SHN - State Hearings Number
SOP - Statement of Position
Sprint - a period of time in which small chunks of system functionality are designed, built, tested and implemented
SSN - Social Security Number
UAT - User Acceptance Testing