State and Federal law requires us to provide you with free language
interpretive services, and information translated in languages for individuals
who are non-English and Limited English Proficient (LEP). This is to make sure
you clearly understand your benefits, rights, and responsibilities and can fully
participate in our programs.
We must provide effective communication allowing the LEP and non-English
public to use our government services and programs, and prohibit discrimination
in the delivery of public services. The CDSS Civil Rights Unit has established
this complaint process for you to voice any complaints you experienced when
seeking services in a CDSS agency office. Your thoughts and experiences will
help us improve our service.
You have the right to...
- Free interpretive (oral) and translation (written) services.
- Receive effective language services in a timely manner.
- File a complaint under US Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and
California Dymally-Alatorre Bilingual Services Act, Government Code Section 7290
How to file a complaint:
- Completely fill out the Language
form. This form will be translated into other
languages on an ongoing basis.
- Print your completed form.
- Mail or fax Language Accessibility Services Complaint form to Civil Rights
Unit P.O. Box 944243, MS 8-16-70 Sacramento, CA 94244-2430 or fax at (916)
- You may also contact our Civil Rights Unit Language Coordinator at (916)
654-2107, toll free 1(800) 741-6241; or via California Relay Services
operator at 1(800) 735-2929.
Thank you for providing us feedback about our interpretive and translations
Also available in following languages: