Calendar of Events
Refugee Awareness Month 2015 Events and Celebrations:
- Event 1: June 1-30 – Refugee Awareness Month – During the month of June, the California Department of Social Services (CDSS) celebrates the achievements, contributions and plight made by refugees to California. For more information, please visit our Refugee Awareness Month Webpage .
- Event 2: June 1-12 – ’Back-to-School’ fundraiser for Unaccompanied Refugee Minor (URM) children.
- Event 3: June 19 – World Refugee Day is on June 20, 2015; however, the CDSS will be celebrating it on Friday, June 19, 2015.
- Event 4: June 19 – World Refugee Day Lunch Special in Café 744 at CDSS Headquarters. Time – 11:30-1:30pm (or while supplies last).
- Event 5: June 19 – Refugee Awareness Month Short-Films at CDSS Headquarters in the OB9 Auditorium. Time – 11:30-1:30pm.
- Arriba Juntos is honoring Refugee Awareness Month in San Francisco, CA on Friday June 12, 2015.
- Refugee Forum of Orange County hosts their 2015 World Refugee Day Celebration in Anaheim, CA on Saturday June 13, 2015.
- The White House will commemorate World Refugee Day on June 25, 2015 along with recognizing resettled refugees and refugee service providers as Champions of Change. Nominations due May 26, 2015.
County Refugee Forums:
Meeting times, dates, and locations are subject to change, please confirm in advance.
- East Bay – 21st
- Los Angeles – (bi-monthly 4th Wednesday - Jan., Mar., May, Jul., Sep., & Nov.)
- Orange County – (bi-monthly 1st Thursday - Jan., Mar., May, Jul., Sep., & Nov.)
- Sacramento – 21st
- San Diego – 21st ( forum web site )
- San Francisco – (bi-monthly 2nd Wednesday - Jan., Mar., May, Jul., Sep., & Nov.)
- Santa Clara – 22nd
See the refugee forums listing for locations and contact information.
The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) agency holds a variety of external stakeholder events in which information is shared and feedback obtained on USCIS programs and policies. Some events focus on a single issue area while others include a wide variety of subjects. Many of these meetings have call-in numbers or webinar sessions for those stakeholders who can not attend in person. Visit the USCIS' Upcoming National Engagements webpage for a list of upcoming events.