Updated September 1, 2021
Disaster CalFresh, known federally as the Disaster Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (D-SNAP), provides temporary food benefits to disaster victims who were not eligible for regular CalFresh benefits at the time of the disaster.
2021 Disaster CalFresh
In response to the wildfires burning across the state, Disaster CalFresh will be available to individuals and families who either lived or worked in the following counties and experienced a disaster related impact, such as evacuation expenses or loss of income from work:
Am I Eligible?
Even if you are not eligible for CalFresh food benefits, you may be eligible for Disaster CalFresh food benefits if you:
- Spent money because of the wildfire, including paying for hotel, gas or other evacuation expenses; or
- Lost food because of the wildfire or related power outage; or
- Lost money from work because of the wildfire; or
- Spent money because of damage to your home or business.
And you lived or worked in the above-mentioned counties on these specific dates:
- Dates to be determined and will be available in the next few weeks.
How Do I Apply?
More information on how to apply and the application period will be available in the next few weeks.
Disaster CalFresh Eligibility in Detail
Eligible households must have lived or worked in the disaster area at the time of the disaster.
To be eligible, households must plan on purchasing food during the disaster benefit period.
The household must have experienced one of the following adverse effects because of the disaster:
- Damage to home or self-employment property
- Disaster-related expenses
- A disruption in income
- Inaccessible liquid resources
- Loss of food because of the disaster
Income and Resources
Income and resources must be counted in order to determine eligibility for Disaster. The total net (take-home) income received during the benefit period plus accessible liquid resources, minus eligible disaster-related expenses, must not exceed the disaster gross income limit. More information about disaster gross income limits will be available in the next few weeks.
Disaster CalFresh Info
Connect to Your County
COMING SOON: Disaster CalFresh Outreach Materials for Community Partners