Project Roomkey/Housing and Homelessness COVID Response
The following information is related to CDSS Project Roomkey and Housing and Homelessness COVID response.
Stay Informed on CDSS Project Roomkey and Housing and Homelessness COVID Response.
To learn more about accessing housing and homeless services in your community, including Project Roomkey, please contact the local Homeless Continuum of Care or County Welfare Department .
Planning and Response Guidance
Screening and Intake
Data and HMIS
- HMIS tracking for Non-Congregate Shelter (NCS)/Project Roomkey
The State, HUD, and HMIS experts developed a new NCS workflow in HMIS as a tool to support local implementation of Project Roomkey in tracking all NCS utilization for NCS reimbursement for FEMA during COVID.
- Federal Funding Priority Order for Non-Congregate Shelter During COVID-19 (6/23)
- Governor Newsom Takes Emergency Actions & Authorizes $150 Million in Funding to Protect Homeless Californians from COVID-19 (Released March 18, 2020)
- CA Business, Consumer Services and Housing Agency (BCSH) COVID Response
- FEMA Non-Congregate Shelter (NCS) Guidance
- US Interagency Council on Homelessness (USICH) COVID Response
- HUD Community Planning and Development (CPD) and CARES Act
- CARES Act Guidance for State, Local, Tribal, and Territorial Elected Officials (National Alliance to End Homelessness and partners, 4/21)
- Summarizes federal resources made available under the CARES Act.
- Provides recommended actions for State, local, tribal, and territorial governments to preserve long-term housing stability, especially for the most vulnerable.
- Provides examples of steps taken by local officials to support housing stability and homelessness response in their communities.
Essential Wraparound Supports/Core Operating Services