Register for an Orientation

The Children’s Residential licensing programs provide short-term or long-term care for children who are no longer able to live with their parents or guardians. If you are interested in obtaining a California license to operate a Children's Residential care facility, you must first attend an orientation.

Due to COVID-19, orientations are no longer in person. We now have tele-orientations using a free, online communication platform. Once registered, you will receive instructions for this.

Which orientation do I need to take?

If you are not sure which orientation to take, visit our facility types page to explore each of the 10 facility types listed below.

How do I sign up?

Tele-orientations are currently scheduled for five facility types -- click on the links below to see the schedules and registration information. To inquire about orientations for all other facility types, please contact the Children's Residential Regional Office nearest you.

Other Resources

Licensing Fees
Licensing Laws and Regulations
Map of Children's Residential Regional Offices