Resources for Home Care Organizations

Apply for a Home Care Organization License
Find out how to become a licensed Home Care Organization.

Search the Home Care Aide Registry
Check the status of your affiliated home care aides.

Laws and Policies
Find out about the rights and responsibilities of owning a Home Care Organization.

Frequently Asked Questions (Coming Soon)
FAQs are in development and will be updated on a regular basis.

Fact Sheets
Below are various Fact Sheets pertaining to the Home Care Services Program. When additional Fact Sheets are developed, they will be distributed via Provider Information Notices (PINs) and posted below.

COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement

Per the State Public Health Officer Order released September 28, 2021, all Registered Home Care Aides are required to have the first dose of a one-dose regimen or the second dose of a two-dose regimen of a currently authorized COVID-19 vaccine by November 30, 2021.  Exemptions are available only on the basis of religious beliefs or qualifying medical reasons, and exempted individuals must undergo weekly testing.  Home Care Organizations must maintain proof of vaccination or exemption and testing results for all Affiliated Home Care Aides.  For more information, see PIN 21-07-HCS.

Per the State Public Health Officer Order released December 22, 2021 (updated January 25, 2022), all Registered Home Care Aides and Home Care Organization staff with direct contact with clients or prospective clients currently eligible for boosters must be fully vaccinated and receive a booster dose for COVID-19 by no later than March 1, 2022.  For more information, see PIN 22-02-HCS.

Receive Important Updates

If you wish to receive updates from the Department concerning topics such as Provider Information Notices (PINs), webinars, program updates, and more, click the following links to sign up for Home Care Organization updates, Home Care Aide updates, or both.


You may transfer a registered home care aide to a new organization by submitting the following forms. Be sure to include a copy of the individual's photo I.D. If you are transferring a registered home care aide that has been granted an exemption through the Care Provider Management Bureau, see the table below for information on transferring the exemption.

If a home care aide has a current:

Clearance Transfer

Mail to:
Home Care Services Bureau
744 P. St. MS 9-14-90
Sacramento, CA 95814
Email to: (PDF preferred)

Exemption Transfer

Mail to:
Care Provider Management Bureau
744 P. St. MS 19-60
Sacramento, CA 95814
Fax to: (916) 754-4589

Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) Spending Plan

California's HCBS Spending Plan provides $3 billion in enhanced federal funding to support initiatives that enhance, expand, and strengthen Medi-Cal's HCBS services. The CMS approval of the state's proposal will support services provided by six state departments. On March 11, 2021, President Biden signed the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA). Section 9817 of ARPA provides qualifying states with a temporary 10 percentage point increase to the federal medical assistance percentage (FMAP) for certain Medicaid expenditures for HCBS from April 1, 2021 through March 31, 2022.

States must use the federal funds attributable to the increased FMAP to supplement, not supplant, existing state funds expended for Medicaid HCBS in effect as of April 1, 2021. In addition, states must use state funds equivalent to the amount of federal funds attributable to the increased FMAP to implement or supplement the implementation of one or more activities to enhance, expand, or strengthen HCBS under the Medicaid program by March 31, 2024.

As submitted to the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) on July 12, 2021, and updated on October 27, 2021, California's initial HCBS Spending Plan and initial HCBS Spending Plan Narrative involve several the state departments, and total approximately $3B in enhanced federal funding for the following categories of services:

  • Workforce: Retaining and Building a Network of HCBS Direct Care Workers
  • HCBS Navigation
  • HCBS Transitions
  • Services: Enhancing HCBS Capacity and Models of Care
  • HCBS Infrastructure and Support

Supplemental Resources:
CMS HCBS Conditional Approval Letter – January 4, 2022

Stakeholder Meetings

The Department will be hosting stakeholder meetings. These meetings are to provide updates on the implementation process, seek input, answer questions, and discuss next steps related to the law. If you are looking to join our stakeholder meetings, send an email to to be included in upcoming email distributions.

Meeting materials will be posted after each meeting date concludes.

2017 Stakeholder Meetings

January 2017

February 2017

May 2017

June 2017

August 2017

November 2017

2018 Stakeholder Meetings

February 2018

October 2018

2019 Stakeholder Meetings

February 2019

May 2019

June 2019

Items of Interest

To file a complaint of professional misconduct by a CCLD employee, please refer to the CCLD Ethics Helpline.

Contact Us

Community Care Licensing Division
Home Care Services Bureau
744 P Street MS 9-14-90
Sacramento, CA 95814

Phone: (877) 424-5778

Home Care Organization Complaints

To file a complaint regarding a Home Care Organization, contact the Home Care Services Bureau through telephone, mail, or email (see above).