NEW ONLINE DIRECT DEPOSIT SERVICE
Beginning February 12, 2018, a new Online Direct Deposit Enrollment Service is now available for IHSS and WPCS providers on the IHSS Electronic Timesheet System (ETS) website.
The new Online Direct Deposit Enrollment Service allows current, active IHSS/WPCS providers in all California counties the ability to electronically enroll, change or dis-enroll via the CDSS IHSS ETS website, instead of using a paper form. The paper enrollment form is still available on the CDSS website for those who want to use it.
Use of direct deposit in either format is not mandatory but is highly encouraged.
Some of the benefits of using Direct Deposit include:
- Providers can receive their paycheck faster because they no longer have to wait for their paper warrant to be delivered through the post office.
- Providers no longer have to wait for a paper warrant to be mailed to them, their IHSS/WPCS paycheck will be deposited directly into their bank account.
- Providers no longer have to worry about the paper warrant being lost or stolen.
Using the Online Direct Deposit Enrollment Service to enroll in direct deposit is easy: Providers need to log into their account on the IHSS ETS website, then select the Direct Deposit option in the Menu located at the top of the screen and follow the instructions.
It takes approximately 30 days for the provider(s) to start receiving Direct Deposit after they successfully submit their Online Direct Deposit enrollment request.
The provider should continue to submit their timesheets as they wait for their Direct Deposit to begin. A provider’s Direct Deposit enrollment request and use of Direct Deposit does not change the way they submit their timesheets.
IHSS/WPCS providers who have general questions about Direct Deposit can call the Provider Direct Deposit Help Desk during business hours at 1-866-376-7066 (select option 2 for Direct Deposit Assistance).
IHSS/WPCS providers who have questions about creating or accessing their ETS account or entering their direct deposit information online can call the Electronic Timesheet Help Desk during business hours at 1-866-376-7066 (select option 4).
In-Home Supportive Services Providers & Recipients in all 58 California counties have the option to use the Electronic Timesheet System (ETS)
The California Department of Social Services has started a new service that will allow In-Home Supportive Services providers in all California counties the option to submit their timesheets online through a new Electronic Timesheet System. Use of electronic timesheets is optional and not required.
The Electronic Timesheet System allows a provider to submit their IHSS/WPCS timesheets online using a tablet, smartphone, laptop or computer instead of receiving and submitting paper timesheets when their recipient(s) opt in to approve timesheets online. This service also allows a provider’s timesheets to be reviewed and approved by their recipient(s) using their tablet, smartphone, laptop or computer.
Some of the benefits of this service are:
- Providers will be able to enter and submit timesheets online when their recipient opts in to approve electronic timesheets
- Provider will no longer be required to mail in paper timesheets
- Providers no longer need to call someone to check on their timesheet and payment status. Providers can track their timesheet and view the status in the ETS at any time once the timesheet is submitted.
- Providers can check timesheet history up to the last three (3) months
- Providers can request supplemental timesheets (if applicable)
Electronic Timesheet Website Learning Options
The ten learning modules listed below provide information for providers and recipients including an overview of the website, as well as information regarding registration for providers and recipients, time entry, and approving timesheets. The Electronic Timesheet Helpdesk is available to help those providers and recipients that need assistance with the Electronic Timesheet Website. Please contact the Electronic Timesheet Help Desk at (866) 376-7066 (select Option 4) during normal business hours of 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. Monday through Friday, excluding major holidays.
TO REGISTER TO BEGIN USING ELECTRONIC TIMESHEETS: Go to the following website to set up an account, select the “New User Registration” link, and follow the online prompts: https://www.etimesheets.ihss.ca.gov If you need help, please call the Electronic Timesheet Help Desk at 1-866-376-7066 (select Option 4.).