In-Person Family Child Care Orientations
In order to obtain a license to operate a Family Child Care Home you must first attend the Family Child Care Home Orientation.
We offer in-person, live virtual, and online orientation sessions.
In-person orientations for Family Child Care Homes are being offered in multiple languages and are open to attendees in any Regional Office.
To register for an in-person orientation, contact the local Regional Office hosting the desired orientation session. For locations, schedules and contact information, please click HERE.
If you are unable to attend an in-person orientation, you may register for our live virtual orientation or online orientation to fulfill the orientation requirement. Please note that the online orientation option does not have a live facilitator. For assistance with online orientations, contact your local regional office, child care advocates, or your local resource and referral program.
In-Person Orientation Registration Instructions
- In-person orientations will limit the number of participants per session to allow for a quality group learning experience. Advanced registration is required.
- To register, contact the desired local Regional Office and pay the orientation fee.
- The orientation fee is $25. This fee is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Payment may be made by cashier’s check, money order, or personal check payable to CDSS-CASHIER.
- Submit payment by mail or deliver to your local Regional Office. It must be received by our office at least 7 days prior to the date of the orientation.
- You will receive a receipt of your payment and confirmation of registration.
- If you mail in your payment and do not receive your confirmation of registration three days prior to the orientation, please call the Regional Office where you registered.
- You must be on time. Late arrivals will not be admitted to the orientation.
- The orientation is approximately 4-4.5 hours. You must be present for the entire orientation to receive an orientation certificate.
Prior to attending the orientation, it is recommended that you review, download, and print all the application forms associated with a Family Child Care Home license: