The Adult and Senior Care Program, Centralized Applications Bureau is now accepting Adult and Senior care applications. Please mail them to: Department of Social Services, Centralized Applications Bureau, 744 P Street MS 9-14-8201, Sacramento, CA 95814. If you have questions regarding your application, please call the Centralized Application Unit at (833) 827-6084 or via email: CCLASCPCAB@dss.ca.gov.
In addition to the submission of an application, all applicants must also complete three (3) components as part of the licensure process: Component I (Application Orientation – online only), Component II (Application Interview – phone, video conferencing) and Component III (Operations and Record Keeping Orientation – in-person session after completion of a Pre-licensing inspection).
Component I: Application Orientation Online Registration (Adult Care / Senior Care)
Adult Care Orientation:
- ARF (Adult Residential Facilities for residents ages 18-59
- ARF – CCH (ARF Community Crisis Home)
- ARF – EBSH (ARF Enhanced Behavioral Support Home)
- ARFPSHN (Adult Residential Facilities for Persons with Special Health Care Needs)
- ADP (Adult Day Programs for individuals ages 18+
- SRF (Social Rehabilitation Facilities residents ages 18-59
- RCF-CI (Residential Care Facilities for the Chronically Ill)
Senior Care Orientation:
- RCFE (Residential Care Facility for the Elderly 60 years of age and over)
Computer System Requirements
Please do not use a cell phone, iPad, or tablet to take the orientation. To proceed with the orientation registration, you need to use a laptop or a computer and provide your email address.
Each applicant must have their own unique email address.
- The orientation fee is $50, plus a processing fee of $4.85 ($54.85 total). This fee is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Please review the Registration Instructions using this link: Registration Instructions
- The orientation and processing fees are payable by using either a credit card or a debit card with a Visa / MasterCard logo on it.
- Register for Component I Online Orientation by selecting either Adult or Senior Orientation link below.
- Please note the following:
- Be sure to register for the correct orientation (Adult or Senior) and register only one time.
- You will only have access to the online orientation for 30 days from the time you registered. After 30 days you will not be able to view the course or retrieve the completed certificate.
- It may take up to 24 hours to receive your username and password.
- Online Orientation support is available via email, CDSSCCLOnlineOrientationHelpDesk@dss.ca.gov, Monday – Friday 9:00 am to 4:00 pm. Please allow for up to 48 hours for a response. You may experience some delays in receiving information due to holiday closures or office schedule changes.
- Before contacting the support desk, check your spam or junk email folder if you have not received registration information in your inbox.
- For questions regarding the licensing process, contact the Centralized Applications Bureau at (833) 827-6084 or by email, CCLASCPCAB@dss.ca.gov.
Adult Residential Facilities - Application/Component I Orientation
Register for the Adult Residential Component I Online Orientation
Online Orientation Log In
Senior Care Orientation – Application/Component I Orientation
Register for the Senior Care Application Component I Online Orientation
Online Orientation Log In
How to become a Certified Administrator
View information on how to become a Certified Administrator.