NEW Fee Structure for Administrators and Vendors
PIN 21-11-CCLD – (Changes to Administrator Certification Program Fees).
In accordance with Assembly Bill (AB) 135, modifications to the Administrator Certification Program fee schedule are effective July 1, 2021. The fee changes include increases to existing fees for processing Initial and Continuing Education Training Program vendor applications and increases to existing fees for processing new and renewal Administrator certification applications. New fees will be assessed for the ACS exam and vendor course application processing. Refer to PIN 21-11-CCLD for additional information about fee changes.
The ACS has developed Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) resources for administrator applications, the administrator certification examination, and vendors. If you have any questions regarding fee increases, please submit your questions to the corresponding email address listed below.
Provider Information Notices (PINs)
The following are additional Provider Information Notices (PINs) related to waivers of ACS licensing requirements due to the State of Emergency and COVID-19. They are listed below in order of release with the most current being first.
- PIN 21-24-CCLD - Governor’s Executive Order N-21-21 Regarding Coronavirus Disease 2019 (Covid-19) and the Expiration of Statewide Waivers in the Administrator Certification Program
- This PIN supersedes PIN 21-18-CCLD
- PIN 21-18-CCLD - Governor’s Executive Order N-12-21 Regarding Coronavirus Disease 2019 (Covid-19) and Expiration of Statewide Waivers in the Administrator Certification Program
- This PIN supersedes PIN 21-10-CCLD and PIN 20-28-CCLD
- PIN 21-10-CCLD - Updated Statewide Waiver and Guidance for Administrator Certification Program Due to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- This PIN supersedes PIN 20-28-CCLD
- PIN 20-28-CCLD - Updated Statewide Waivers for Administrator Certification Program Due to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19).
- This PIN supersedes PIN 20-15-CCLD
- PIN 20-15-CCLD - Updated Statewide Waivers for Administrator Certification Program Due to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19).
- This PIN supersedes PIN 20-09-CCLD
- PIN-20-09-CCLD - Updated Statewide Waivers for Licensing Requirements Due to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVD-19).
- This PIN supersedes PIN 20-08-ASC
- PIN 20-08-ASC - Statewide Waivers for Licensing Requirements Due to Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19).
Notice: On November 10, 2021, Governor Newsom issued Executive Order N-21-21, which extends the California Department of Social Services’ (CDSS) waiver authority issued pursuant to the Governor’s March 4, 2020 Proclamation of a State of Emergency and permits facilities operating under existing CDSS COVID-19 waivers to continue operating pursuant to such waivers through the expiration date set forth by CDSS, or March 31, 2022, whichever occurs first.
The Administrator Certification Program is legislatively mandated and designed to help ensure that prospective and existing administrators of residential facilities have the requisite initial and continuing training to appropriately care for facility residents. Administrators are individuals designated by licensees to act on behalf of the licensee in the overall management of their facilities. Licensees and administrators may be one and the same person.
The Administrator Certification Program only applies to the following facility types:
- Adult Residential Facilities
- Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly (Assisted Living Facilities or Board and Care Homes)
- Group Homes
- Short-Term Residential Therapeutic Programs
The Administrator Certification Program is administered by the Administrator Certification Section (ACS) of the Community Care Licensing Division, Policy, Training and Quality Improvement Branch. The ACS staff process applications for administrator certification and also approve/disapprove training vendors and their proposed courses.
Newsletter and Notices
The Insider (Quarterly Newsletter) || ACS Notices
Provider Information Notices (PINs): Adult and Senior Care (ASC) Program || Children's Residential Program (CRP)
Laws and Regulations
Laws re: Administrator Certification (Health & Safety Code 1522.41 for GH and STRTP; 1562.3 for ARF; 1569.616 for RCFE)
Regulations re: Administrator Certification re: Administrators and Vendors
The historical rulemaking file for the regulation updates can be found at:
Regulations Changes In Process/Completed Regulations
Interim Licensing Standards re: administrator certification for Short-Term Residential Therapeutic Programs