Home Care Aide Application Process
To apply for online Home Care Aide registration, please have a credit card ready and follow the steps on the Home Care Aide Registry.
Submit your application via mail
To apply manually for Home Care Aide registration, please have a check or money order ready and complete the following steps:
- Review page two (2) of the HCS 100 for application instructions.
- Click on the links in the chart below to access the appropriate application forms.
- Form/ Number
- Form Title
- HCS 100
- Application for Home Care Aide Registration
- LIC 508
- Criminal Record Statement
- LIC 9163
- Live Scan Form
- Complete the application for Home Care Aide Registration (HCS 100) and the Criminal Record Statement (LIC 508) review. Please remember to type or print clearly.
- Mail the completed application, the criminal record statement (LIC 508), and the $35.00 application fee (via check or money order) to the HCSB at:
California Department of Social Services
Home Care Services Bureau
744 P Street, M.S. 9-14-90
Sacramento, CA 95814
- Complete the request for LiveScan services (LIC 9163) form and take it to an authorized Livescan vendor to initiate the background check. For a list of approved Live Scan vendors in your area, please visit the California Department of Justice website.