Statewide Digital Communications Outreach
The California Department of Social Services (CDSS) outreach team aims to serve and empower recipients of public social service benefits programs, also known as clients, by providing them with up-to-date, critical information in an accessible manner.
How might I receive messages from CDSS
The CDSS will send messages to clients by either recorded voice messages, text/SMS messages, or email messages.
CDSS clients are automatically opted in to receive recorded voice messages. CDSS clients who wish to receive text/SMS or email messages in addition to recorded voice messages may follow the opt-in instructions below.
How to opt in to receive messages
To opt in to receive text messages and/or emails complete this secure form. To learn more about how we manage the information review our SMS policy.
The CDSS outreach team collaborates with diverse groups of stakeholders, including clients, advocacy groups, and county workers and their representatives, to ensure that messages are accessible and informative.
- CDSS is committed to providing updates in various languages in order to meet client needs.
- CDSS shares messages via different modes in order to meet the needs of diverse adult learners.
- CDSS creates resources to help support clients in navigating calls-to-action, such as webpages and social media campaigns for each outreach effort.
Types of Outreach
- Direct client digital communications: The CDSS messages clients via text, email and recorded voice messages--based on client preferences in order to share program updates and other benefits information.
- Social Media: The CDSS posts information via our multiple social media channels including but not limited to: Facebook and Twitter.
- Television and Radio ads: The CDSS develops promotional campaigns to air on TV and radio stations and other channels to inform the public about available resources to support families.