Statewide Verification Hub
The Statewide Verification Hub (SVH) is a multi-department Information Technology (IT) solution with California Department of Social Services (CDSS) and Department of Health Care Services (DHCS), that will improve California families' access to services by streamlining the eligibility verification process for many California Health and Human Services Agency (CHHSA) means-tested programs, with initial efforts focusing on CalFresh, CalWORKs, child care programs, and Medi-Cal. While upholding Californians' privacy and security, the new IT effort will develop a modernized and leverageable Hub that will connect eligibility case management systems with near real-time data, such as income information, identity validators, non-cash assets, demographics, vital statistics, immigration status, etc. This data is necessary to support eligibility and benefit level determinations for means-tested human services programs, as well as federally mandated Income Eligibility Verification System (IEVS) data matches. The SVH solution will assist in bringing key programs together with the common goal of producing fast and accurate verification for eligibility determinations for needs-based programs.
SVH Project Objectives:
- Streamline client access and experience when applying for and submitting required documents for programs.
- Simplify business processes for county workers.
- Improve accuracy rates and reduce incorrect benefit determinations.
- Modernize technology to allow for better responsiveness to program changes.
- Leverage centralized data processes.
- Improve service delivery by providing a scalable solution that links multifactored authenticated data across departments and programs.
Please join us for the next SVH Project quarterly stakeholder meeting on the second Wednesday of every third month from 1:00 to 2:30pm. This meeting will be held virtually through Webex. Please click here to register for the webinar. Meeting materials will be available in advance.
2022 SVH Stakeholder Meeting Schedule:
- Wednesday April 13th, 1:00-2:30 pm
- Wednesday July 13th, 1:00-2:30 pm
- Wednesday October 12th, 1:00-2:30 pm
All project materials and previous stakeholder meeting information can be found on the SVH Stakeholder SharePoint. For additional stakeholder engagement opportunities with other CDSS program areas, please visit our CDSS Stakeholder Resources webpage.