INSPECTION PROCESS PROJECT
About the Inspection Process Project
The Community Care Licensing Division (CCLD) is focusing its efforts on three priority areas: prevention, compliance and enforcement.
Enhancing technical support to licensees from LPAs and the Technical Support Program; developing resource guides and trainings for licensees and potential licensees; and deploying online resources, including quarterly updates and provider information notices.
Creating clear and consistent expectations for licensees to address issues in real-time to ensure the health and safety of the individuals that are served and provide technical assistance to licensees on statutory and regulatory requirements.
Providing LPAs with a compendium of inspection tools to ensure inspections are thorough and consistent; bolstering the LPA Training Academies; and deploying ongoing staff training and data analytics to target resources in priority areas.
Improving the effectiveness and quality of the inspection process, which includes developing and deploying comprehensive, data-driven inspection tools is essential to these efforts. CCLD is starting with the development and deployment of tools for the Adult and Senior Care (ASC) Program and will subsequently complete tools for the Children's Residential and Child Care programs.
Inspection Project Vision
Inspection Process Vision Presentation (December 2017 Stakeholder Meetings)
Inspection Process Vision Overview (December 2017 Stakeholder Meetings)
Adult and Senior Care
Senior Care Domains
The Senior Care inspection tools contain requirements in the following licensing domains:
- Operational Requirements: plan of operation, required insurances, fire clearance, etc.
- Physical Plant/Environmental Safety: facility maintenance, living accommodations, storage space, etc.
- Staffing: administrator presence, sufficient staffing, night supervision, etc.
- Personnel Records/Staff Training: criminal record clearance/exemption, training, etc.
- Resident Rights/Information: resident councils, family councils, resident rights, etc.
- Resident Records/Incident Reports: admission agreements, register of residents, etc.
- Food Service: meal requirements, food supply, menus, food preparation, etc.
- Planned Activities: resident participation, community-centered activities, etc.
- Incidental Medical and Dental: plan for incidental medical and dental care, medications, etc.
- Residents with Special Health Needs: hospice care, residents with dementia, postural supports, etc.
- Disaster Preparedness: emergency plan/disaster & mass casualty plan, etc.
Senior Care Inspection Tool Pilot
As we prepare to launch the Senior Care Inspection Tool Pilot, we invite you to participate in the process to improve the draft tools and pilot plan by sending your comments and feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 15, 2018. This is the first of several opportunities to participate in the shaping of the Senior Care Inspection Tools.
Senior Care Inspection Tool Pilot Plan
RCFE Draft Tools
RCFE Pre-Licensing Tool
RCFE Post-Licensing Tool
RCFE Comprehensive Tool
RCFE Specialty Food Services Tool
RCFE Specialty Planned Activities Tool
RCFE Specialty Disaster Preparedness Tool
RCFE Specialty Resident Rights Tool
RCFE Specialty Residents with Special Health Needs Tool
RCFE Specialty Staffing Tool
Additional draft tools will be posted as they are developed.