- Food benefit expansion makes more Coastsiders eligible - July 31, 2019
- Seniors Get Help To Apply For Expanded CalFresh Benefits And More Local News - July 24, 2019
- Project CommUNITY: Good life, tight budget - June 23, 2019
- San Fernando Valley SSI, SSP recipients can now sign up for CalFresh food benefits - June 17, 2019
- California food stamp program, CalFresh, expanding to include 200,000 elderly, disabled people - June 15, 2019
- Mayor London Breed Announces Expansion of CalFresh Food Program - June 13, 2019
- Recipients of supplemental income payments are now eligible for CalFresh for the first time in decades - June 12, 2019
- A Mobile Office Makes Food Stamp/CalFresh Sign Ups Easy - June 11, 2019
- S.F. Expands CalFresh to 41K Seniors, People With Disabilities - June 5, 2019
- Food Aid Expansion Expected to Help Low-Income Seniors Improve Their Health - June 4, 2019
- CalFresh benefits expanded to include SSI recipients in Mendocino County - June 4, 2019
- California, CfA Food Stamps Partnership Set to Go Statewide - June 3, 2019
- CalFresh Food Benefits for Seniors and Disabled - June 3, 2019
- Food stamp benefits to be available for California residents on SSI - June 3, 2019
- Supplemental Security Income Recipients now Eligible for CalFresh Benefits - June 2, 2019
- Yes, the government is capable of creating great design-here's how - May 31, 2019
- CalFresh card to be made more accessible to people with disabilities - May 31, 2019
- 'It will realy help': Salinas seniors, disabled hopeful as Calfresh food benefits open up - May 30, 2019
- Thousands of county residents who rely on government benefits become eligible for food help - May 30, 2019
- Pasadena's Low-Income Seniors and the Disabled May Qualify For CalFresh Food Benefits - May 30, 2019
- California expands food assistance - May 30, 2019
- Low- Income Seniors May Qualify For CalFresh: San Juan Capistrano - May 29, 2019
- Low-Income Seniors Who Receive Welfare Benefits Are Now Eligible for CalFresh - May 29, 2019
- Marin's poor to get expanded food assistance - May 26, 2019
- Business Sense: Expansion of CalFresh Foods to include SSI recipients brings potential for monthly $2.9 million economic boost to Humboldt County - May 26, 2019
- Hungry Californians Finally To Get A Little More Help - May 24, 2019
- For the first time ever, CalFresh food benefits available to eligible senior and disabled SSI/SSP - May 23, 2019
- CalFresh recognized by Humboldt County Board of Supervisors - May 23, 2019
- Marin County: Food Benefits Program Accepting Applications June 1 - May 22, 2019
- Food Assistance For Low-income Seniors, Disabled Doled Out By SCC - May 20, 2019
- CalFresh food program expanding eligibility - May 20, 2019
- Thousands Will Be Eligible for the CalFresh Program - May 18, 2019
- CalFresh Food Aid To Be Extended To Some Disabled Adults - May 16, 2019
- Californians receiving cash assistance can now also get food stamps - May 16, 2019
- New CalFresh rules vastly expand the pool of people eligible for food assistance in California - May 15, 2019
- Hundreds of Napa County SSI recipients can get free food soon - May 14, 2019
- CalFresh program expands to SSI recipients - May 13, 2019
- SSI recipients now eligible for CalFresh food assistance - May 12, 2019
- May CalFresh month celebration - May 10, 2019
- Thousands of low-income resident in Humboldt County can now apply for CalFresh - May 9, 2019
- Supplemental Security Income recipients could be eligible for CalFresh - May 8, 2019
- Newly Eligible For CalFresh In Sonoma County: SSI, SSP Recipients - May 6, 2019
- SSI/SSP Recipients Now Eligible To Apply For CalFresh - May 5, 2019
- SSI recipients to be eligible for food stamps - May 3, 2019
- 'CalFresh Awareness Month' marks effort to expand enrollment, reduce hunger in Lake County - May 2, 2019
- CalFresh Benefits Now Available To SSI Recipients, County Says - May 2, 2019
- CalFresh expansion could boost healthy food options for tens of thousands in SF - April 30, 2019
- Change in law means thousands more SF residents will receive food stamps - December 1, 2018
CalFresh Awareness Month
CalFresh Awareness Month started in May of 2011 and is the official month dedicated to increasing public awareness of CalFresh. The state, counties and community based organizations are committed to bringing awareness, dispelling myths and assisting clients with CalFresh applications.
CalFresh helps to improve the health and well-being of qualified households and individuals by providing improved access to healthy and nutritious foods. Many are unaware they are eligible to receive benefits. Take the next step and be part of the movement to increase awareness!
CalFresh Awareness Month 2020 Events Coming Soon!
My county is participating, how do we get added to the list?
We are excited that your county is participating in CalFresh Awareness Month. Please email us at CalFreshAccess@dss.ca.gov with your county name along with a weblink or attachment we can provide.
My county wants to partner with local CBOs, how can we?
Use the quick links to the right of the webpage and navigate to Connections. There you will find a list of CBOs providing CalFresh outreach, by county.
Can CBOs add events to this calendar? How?
Yes, we welcome any partners wishing to share the events they will be holding for CalFresh Awareness Month. Please email us at CalFreshAccess@dss.ca.gov with the name of your event, a short description, location and date/time.
Can I add a link to this page on our materials or website?
Yes, please feel free to share this webpage with partners and anyone in the community.
Want to Learn More? To learn more about CalFresh, please visit the CalFresh main webpage at http://www.cdss.ca.gov/inforesources/CalFresh. For information on how to apply for CalFresh online, please visit http://www.cdss.ca.gov/food-nutrition/calfresh .