Child Care Transition
The Early Childhood Development Act of 2020
The State of California is committed to building and strengthening an equitable, comprehensive, quality, and affordable child care and development system for the children and families in our state. In support of this goal, the Budget Act of Fiscal Year 2020-21 transfers the following child care and development programs to the California Department of Social Services (CDSS):
- Stages 2 and 3 of the California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids (CalWORKs) Child Care Programs
- General Child Care and Development Programs (CCTR)
- Alternative payment programs (CAPP)
- Migrant alternative payment programs (CMAP)
- Migrant Child Care and Development Programs (CMIG)
- Child Care and Development services for children with severe disabilities
- Child Care and Development facilities capital outlay
- The Early Learning and Care Workforce Development Grants Program
- The California Head Start State Collaboration Office funded by collaboration grants
- The Early Head Start-Child Care Partnerships Grant from the United States Department of Health and Human Services
- Child Care Resource and Referral
- Local Child Care and Development Planning Councils
- The California Child Care Initiative Project
- Other Child Care Quality Improvement Projects
- The Child and Adult Care Food Program
- The Child Development Management Information System and other related data systems as they pertain to the programs, services, and systems
These changes will become effective July 1, 2021.
CDSS recognizes the importance of engaging community and additional stakeholders in the transition process.
We want to hear from you! You are welcome to share your feedback on the transition process in English or Spanish by completing this SurveyMonkey survey or filling out this form.
Usted puede rellenar la encuesta Transferencia de programas de cuidado infantil al CDSS: encuesta a nuestros socios en español. Por favor, una vez que lo haga, envíe el documento a CCTransition@dss.ca.gov.
To learn about upcoming stakeholder meetings, or for any other questions or information related to this transition, please reach out to us at: CCTransition@dss.ca.gov.