Resources for Providers

Laws and Regulations

California Code of Regulations Applicable to Adult Care (Courtesy Copy with Handbook)

Senior Facility Types Licensed by The Department of Social Services (all to point to the Centralized Applications Page)

  • Residential Care Facilities for the Chronically Ill
  • Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly (RCFE)
  • Continuing Care Retirement Communities (CCRC)

Sites and Topics Related to Mental Health

Mental Health Forms—The Mental Health Treatment Licensing (MHTL) Bureau has moved to Department of Health Care Services (DHCS) effective July 1, 2013. The link below will redirect to their new page at DHCS.

Facility Facts

Ombudsman and Advocacy Information and Links


Provider Letters Currently the letters available on this page are only a small portion of those issued and distributed by CCLD. If you are unable to find the specific letter you are looking for among these documents, please check back often since we will regularly be adding new files to those already here. Residential Care Facility for the Elderly (RCFE)

Megan's Law Advisory

To file a complaint of professional misconduct by a CCLD employee, please refer to the  CCLD Ethics Helpline

Contact Us

Community Care Licensing
Adult and Senior Care Program
744 P Street, MS 9-14-820
Sacramento, CA 95814

Telephone: (916) 657-2592
Fax: (916) 653-9335

CCLD Complaint Hotline

1-844-LET-US-NO (1-844-538-8766)
Information regarding filing a complaint
Communication with Complainants FAQ